Easy No-Bake Energy Balls
Get the most out of your workout with an easy snack! Not eating before a workout is the wrong idea; eating will prevent your body from converting muscle tissue into glucose for the energy you need. This isn’t ideal for losing weight or building muscle, so try out our favorite snack below!
- 1 cup oatmeal
- ½ cup peanut butter (or other nut butter)
- ⅓ cup honey
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- ½ cup ground flaxseed
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Mix everything above in a medium bowl until thoroughly incorporated.
- Let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.
- Once chilled, roll into balls and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.
Feel free to substitute any of the above ingredients to accommodate food allergies or special diets. Add cranberries, raisins, goji berries, or anything you like. There’s no wrong way to eat an energy ball!